During the gym closure period we have continued to invest extensively in to each GymNation location. In our Al Quoz gym we have constructed a brand new, start of the art, boutique HIIT workout studio called BLITZ. BLITZ is a full body, high intensity interval training class designed to deliver you the fastest and most effective calorie burn through a mix of high intensity strength and cardio exercises. We have also undertaken extensive planned preventative maintenance on all of our gym equipment in each GymNation location, as well as adding some new Instagrammable friendly signage.
Whilst we have always been dedicated to the cleanliness of GymNation locations and the health and safety of our members, read on below, to find out what additional safety and cleanliness measures we are implementing, and how we are adhering to and exceeding government guidelines, so that you can come back and workout again at GymNation - The UAE's Safest and Cleanest Gym.
Sanitisation and Deep Cleaning
Not only have we followed and will continue to follow every piece of advice from the Government, Health Officials and Fitness Governing Bodies within the UAE, we have also left no stone unturned when it comes to hygiene and the cleanliness of each GymNation location.
Every operating GymNation location has gone through a full sterilisation programme with high grade disinfectant being applied regularly to every surface over the past 3 weeks. New procedures and precautions have been put in place and all staff have been trained in our COVID-19 Back To Work procedures to ensure you can get back to training and know you are in a safe environment.
In addition to the above:
- All GymNation front and back office staff have been COVID-19 tested.
- COVID-19 audits are carried out daily in each gym and office.
- Staff rotas have been amended to ensure less employees working together at one time.
- All staff have been issued with Personal Protection Equipment inline with government recommendations, including gloves and masks.
- Staff will have their temperatures taken and logged every hour.
What other action are we taking?
- All of our gym locations have undergone an extensive sanitization programme by a Dubai Municipality approved contractor which shall be continued as we reopen. We have also added additional hand sanitizer stations around the gyms.
- We have ensured all of our equipment has been spaced out to allow for social distancing whilst in use.
- All of our group exercise classes will operate at a maximum of 50% of the usual capacity, which you can book in to directly in the GymNation app. We will also continue to monitor gym floor usage to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Changing rooms, showers and lockers are closed until further notice.
- We have employed additional cleaners to ensure even higher levels of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the gym.
- Members over 60 will not be allowed access unto the gym.
- Any member who has a cough, temperature, breathing difficulty, respiratory disease or immunodeficiency, will not be allowed access to the gym
- All staff and members will be temperature checked upon entry, anyone with a temperature over 37.5 degrees, will not be allowed access to the gym.
How can you help?
Whilst we will continue to ensure all government guidelines are being followed, we also need your support.
- Please ensure you wear a face mask at all times, however as per government guidelines, this is permitted to be removed/lowered when engaging in strenuous activity.
- Please ensure your bring a towel to wipe down your equipment after us. No towel. No entry.
- Please do not come to GymNation if you have been feeling ill or have been in contact with anyone who is showing symptoms of COVID-19
- Please adhere to 2 metre social distancing and ensure you are respectful to other members around you.
We are looking forward to seeing you all back at GymNation and getting back in to your usual exercise routines